Lots of people are familiar with the many benefits of using Aloe Vera topically for alleviating sun burnt skin- but the true therapeutic scale of this wondrous succulent is little known by most. The benefits from drinking pure unsweetened Aloe Vera Juice are just out of this world.
Aloe Vera has over 150 Nutritional ingredients- including 19 of the 22 amino acids required by the human body. The main constituents of Aloe Vera include: amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, lignins, monosaccharide, polysaccharides, salicylic acid, Saponins, and sterols.33
The salicylic acid components of Aloe make it a terrific anti inflammatory and analgesic- pain reliever.
The Phenolic compounds have a stimulating effect on the bowels and anti biotic properties, aiding in gastric motility- softening stools.
Anthraquinones help with absorption of nutrients from the gastro intestinal tract, they are anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and have a pain relieving analgesic effects. The anthraquinones in Aloe Vera breakup residue, pus and lifeless cells, bring blood to injured areas- flushing out material from wounds and ulcers.
Enzymes act as biochemical catalysts that break down the proteins we eat into amino acids. Brimming with Enzymes Aloe Vera contains 8 of the most important- aiding in digestion and absorption of the foods you eat. This makes Aloe Vera a fantastic addition to your smoothies assisting in the breakdown of the fibrous content- increasing absorption, giving you an extra charge of green energy!
Lignins are a major part of cellulose- an insoluble fibrous substance which is the main constituent of plant cell walls that allows for penetrative properties. Its these Lignins that enable Aloe Vera to soak into the skin up to seven layers deep. Lignins penetrate the toughened areas of the skin proving great relief for skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis.
The polysaccharides within Aloe are known for its ability to restore and boost the immune system by stimulating the production of macrophages – cells of the immune system, and improving the activity of T-Lymphocytes- another type of cell within the immune system which are developed in the thymus, regulating the immune system’s response to infected or malignant cells by up to 50 %.
To strengthen cellular immunity is one of the keys to wellbeing and not falling sick at the drop of every virus within your community. Aloe Vera, an anti-oxidant rich plant, containing vitamins such as A, C, and E plus the minerals, zinc, and selenium. Anti-oxidants also help boost the immune system and combat free radicals in the body
Ok- so with all the fancy phytochemical benefits out of the way- here, in no particular order, is a guide to the health benefits of drinking pure Aloe Vera juice:
- Detox Aloe vera juice is a great natural aid to detox. With our stressful lives, the pollution around us and the junk foods we eat, we all need to cleanse our systems from time to time. Some people more often than others! Drinking aloe vera juice provides a fantastically rich cocktail of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to help our bodies deal with these stresses and strains every day.
- Healthy Digestion A healthy digestive system makes sure that we absorb as many of the nutrients as possible from the foods we eat. Aloe vera juice has natural detoxifying abilities; and drinking aloe vera juice seems to improve bowel regularity and increases protein absorption. It also helps to decrease the amount of unfriendly bacteria and yeast in our gut. Aloe vera has been shown to help reduce and soothe heartburn and other digestive problems.
- Natural Immune Support Aloe vera is full of anti-oxidants – natural immune enhancers which fight free radicals within our body. Free radicals are the unstable compounds produced as a side effect of our metabolism. They are thought to cause various ailments, as well as contributing to the ageing process. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly gives the body a regular supply of anti-oxidants, which can boost and enhance the immune system.
- Collagen and Elastin Repair for Healthy Skin Drinking Aloe Vera juice adds a rich supply of raw materials to your diet, which can produce and maintain really healthy skin. The skin replaces itself every 28 days. Using the nutritional building blocks of aloe vera, the skin can use these nutrients daily to help combat the effects of ageing. Aloe vera also helps in soothing minor burns, cuts, scrapes and skin irritations.
- Regulate Weight and Energy Levels Drinking Aloe Vera juice naturally allows the body to cleanse the digestive system. Our diets include many substances which can cause fatigue and exhaustion. Taken regularly, Aloe Vera juice ensures a greater feeling of well-being, allowing energy levels to increase and helps maintain a healthy body weight.
- Daily Dose of Vitamins & Minerals Aloe Vera juice contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 (the Aloe Vera plant is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12) Vitamin C, E and Folic Acid. The human body cannot store some of these vitamins, so we need to supplement them regularly through our diet. The minerals found in aloe vera include Calcium, Sodium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Chromium and more… Plenty of good nutrition in aloe vera juice!
- Dental Health Aloe vera is extremely helpful for your mouth and gums. As well as its natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial actions, it contains vitamins and minerals which promote cell growth and healing. There are some Aloe Vera tooth gels available which contain a high level of pure Aloe Vera, which may help with bleeding gums and mouth ulcers.
- Better than Nutritional Supplements Adding good foods to your diet, rich in naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, is far better than adding supplements alone. The good news is that Aloe Vera juice is considered a food, rather than a manufactured supplement. So drinking Aloe Vera juice is better than taking supplements alone, because our bodies can absorb all the nutrients in Aloe Vera more easily, and utilize them more effectively.