Want to quit sugar but have a sweet tooth? Try Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute!
We are living in a world where obesity, diabetes, Syndrome X and cardiovascular disease are growing epidemics. In the Western world, refined sugars are added to everything and sweet treats have been incorporated into part of the everyday diet. There is a direct correlation between increased consumption of processed sugars and the increased incidence of these disorders. Studies have shown that the removal of processed sugars from the diet decreases systemic inflammation, weight, and risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Signs that you should quit sugar
- Sugar cravings
- Excess weight around the abdomen
- Insulin resistance
- High blood pressure
- Dental cavities
- Abdominal bloating
Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute
Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute is a 100% natural alternative to sugar. Nature Sweet contains sugar alcohols (known as polyols), which are naturally occurring in many fruits and vegetables. They are sweet like sugar, but are different in the sense that they do not have the harmful health consequences of sugar and do not cause spikes in blood sugar levels, cravings or binge eating. They are suitable for those with diabetes, insulin resistance or those trying to lose weight as they do not promote excess insulin secretion and contain only a fraction of the calories of sugar. Unlike their name suggests, sugar alcohols don’t actually contain any alcohol (ethanol) and definitely cannot make you drunk. They are natural sweet substances derived from plant sources that can be added to food and beverages to make them sweeter.
Nature Sweet consists of:
- Maltitol: A sugar alcohol derived from tapioca that has 70-90 % the sweetness of sugar. It is not broken down by bacteria in the mouth and therefore does not contribute to tooth decay.
- Erythritol: Naturally found in fruits and vegetables, this sugar alcohol has 60-70% the sweetness of sugar. It has almost zero calories, does not affect blood sugar levels and is protective against dental cavities.
- Inulin: A prebiotic soluble fibre naturally derived from chicory root. It provides food for the good bacteria in the large intestine, and promotes good gut health.
- Stevia: A herb that has roughly 300 times the sweetness of sugar. It is calorie-free and has no effect on blood sugar levels.
Benefits of using Nature Sweet
- 100% natural
- Protective against tooth decay
- Improves gut health
- Low GI (glycaemic index)
- Less than 1g of carbs per serving of Nature Sweet
- Ideal for use during weight loss programs
- Perfect for diabetics and those with Syndrome X
- Easy to use in tea, coffee, cooking and baking
- Free from gluten, dairy, additives and preservative
- ¼ tsp of Nature sweet is the equivalent of 1 tsp of table sugar
Sugar vs sweeteners vs Nature Sweet
|REFINED SUGAR||CHEMICAL SWEETENER||NATURE SWEET SUGAR SUBSTITUTE|
|1) Rapidly absorbed.||1) Synthetically produced.||1) Slowly absorbed.|
|2) Spikes blood glucose.||2) Aspartame breaks down into chemicals that are toxic to the brain.||2) Does not spike blood glucose.|
|3) Over production of insulin causing symptoms of light-headedness & low energy.||3) Possibly links to headaches, seizures, brain damage, memory loss and behavioural problems||3) Completely natural.|
|4) Increases risk of insulin resistance, diabetes & CVD.||4) Increases appetite.||4) Not correlated with adverse health outcomes.|
|5) Addictive.||5) Changes in gut bacteria.||5) Improves gut health.|
|6) 23 calories per heaped teaspoon.||6) Does not increase appetite.|
|7) Low in calories – 3.69 per serving.|
Berry coconut ice cream recipe
- 2 cups dairy cream
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute
- 2 cups berries of choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add cream, coconut cream, Nature Sweet, and 1.5 cup of berries to a blender, and blend until combined.
- Gently fold blended berry mixture through the beaten egg whites, with the remaining berries and coconut.
- Cover and put into the freezer. Every 2 hours remove from the freezer and blend, until desired consistency is reached. Note: the longer the mixture is left in the freezer, the harder it will be.