Sweet potato fries with home-made tomato salsa
A healthier alternative to traditional potato fries with ketchup, these sweet potato fries with home-made tomato salsa will satisfy your cravings. Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium and can support healthy immune function, vision and digestive health.
|Total calories:||220 kcal|
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- ¼ red onion, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 180’C and line a baking tray.
- Cut sweet potatoes into chips about 2cm wide and transfer to tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and garlic salt and transfer to the oven. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, make the salsa: In a food processor or blender add the salsa ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Dip the sweet potato chips in the salsa and enjoy!