Strawberry coconut pudding
If you are a lover of strawberry mousse but not all the sugar that comes with it, this strawberry coconut pudding is the perfect guilt-free dessert for you. Utilising natural sweetener instead of sugar, this recipe is low in carbohydrates. Coconut cream contains lauric acid which is great for your immune system, can aid in weight loss, can boost energy levels and improve the appearance of skin and hair.
|Total calories:||210 kcal|
- 1 cup coconut cream (chilled in the fridge overnight)
- 1 tbsp Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute (add extra if you prefer it sweeter)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- Optional- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp gelatine (or agar agar powder for vegetarian version)
- Blend the strawberries, lemon, mint if using and water in a blender to form a puree.
- Transfer to a saucepan on low heat and add in the gelatine, whisking until gelatine is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Using an electric beater, beat the coconut cream, Nature Sweet and vanilla essence until firm peaks form. Note: Coconut cream will not usually thicken as much as dairy cream.
- Add the cooled strawberry mixture to the coconut cream and beat until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl or individual jars or glasses and allow to set in the fridge for a few hours.