Healthy banana bread
For those who are fans of the traditional banana bread but not the high sugar content, this healthy spin on banana bread is a lot lower in carbs and refined sugar but equally delicious. The addition of nuts and seeds provides quality fats and added nutrients and is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
|Total calories:||422 kcal|
- 2 cups ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 to 2 tsp Nature Sweet, for extra sweetness (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, to top
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, to top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line loaf tin with baking paper or olive oil.
- Place banana, milk, oil and vanilla essence in blender and mix until well combined.
- Place rest of ingredients except for seeds into a large bowl and combine. Add wet mixture to bowl and gently combine. Add seeds last, gently stirring through.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin, topping with additional seeds if desired. Place in oven for an hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.