This spicy mince is the perfect, easy, winter warmer as the weather changes. It is high in protein and takes no time to put together.
|Serving size:||383 g|
- 375g beef/lamb mince
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ garlic clove crushed
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- ½ carrot diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 chilli, finely diced
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan and brown onion and garlic. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mince to pan; on high heat brown the meat, stirring often until meat is crumbly.
- Return onion, garlic and all other ingredients to pan.
- Simmer until tender and mixture resembles thick soup.
- Serve alongside basmati or brown rice.