This mushroom frittata is super easy and healthy, and makes for a great lunch or dinner option served with salad. Eggs are an excellent source of protein to stabilise blood sugar levels, control cravings and promote fullness, and mushrooms contain B vitamins, fibre, selenium and vitamin D to provide energy, boost immunity, aid digestion and protect against free radicals.
|Total calories:||348 kcal|
- 8 free-range or organic eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 100g mushrooms (shiitake, button, field, etc), sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh mixed herbs OR 1 tbsp dried (parsley, tarragon, coriander, basil)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream together. Add mushrooms and herbs, seasoning to taste.
- Heat butter and oil in oven proof frying pan, rolling pan to coat base. Pour in egg mixture and cook on low heat until bottom has set, approx. 5 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven for 15-20 minutes, or until top has set. Serve warm or at room temperature.