Lemon and spiced chicken skewers
These chicken kebabs are not only tasty and healthy, but also easy to prepare. Chicken is an excellent source of protein to stabilise blood sugar levels, promote fullness and curb cravings, while red capsicums, onions and garlic are good sources of natural antioxidants.
|Total calories:||275 kcal|
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 2 tsp minced
- 2 tbsp lemon rind
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 3cm pieces
- 6 pieces of pita bread (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place chicken, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, oregano, paprika and olive oil in a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Toss to combine and cover. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken, capsicum and onion on to skewers, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 6 to 7 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- If desired, serve with side salad or pita bread and lemon wedges.