Honey roasted carrots and parsnips
These honey roasted carrots and parsnips are a wholesome side dish to accompany your favourite protein. Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants for healthy eyes, immune system and bones, and parsnips are high in folate and manganese which are important for the nervous system.
- 3 carrots, sliced lengthways
- 3 parsnips, sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. natural honey
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Place carrots and parsnips into a baking dish.
- Mix olive oil, honey and sesame seeds together and evenly drizzle over the carrots and parsnips.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper to taste