Healthy Christmas pudding
This healthy Christmas pudding is packed full of nutritious ingredients so you can enjoy Christmas indulging guilt-free.
|Serving size:||120 g|
- 250 g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- ¼ cup prunes, chopped
- ¼ sultanas
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- In a heat proof jug or bowl, warm the brandy and soak the dried fruit for about 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and Nature Sweet, and whisk with an electric beater until combined. Add in one egg at a time, beating well until combined.
- Add the almond meal, spices and brandy fruit mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased pudding basin, cover with 2 layers of baking paper and secure to the rim with kitchen string.
- Place the pudding in a large pan with a wire rack on the bottom, filling with enough water to cover half the pudding.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 6 hours. Note: you may need to top the water up.
- Store in a cool, dark place. To reheat, steam in a pan for 1-2 hours. Divide it up and serve with fresh cream.