Easy homemade spiced hummus
If you’re tight for time and looking for a tasty snack, try whipping up this easy homemade spiced hummus to pair with your veggie sticks. Chickpeas are a great source of fibre and plant-based protein and have a low glycemic index, making this dip great for curbing appetite and balancing blood sugar.
|Serving size:||68 g|
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Pinch salt (or more to taste)
- Pinch ground pepper
- Juice of ½ a lemon or lime
- 1 raw garlic clove, crushed
- Dash water
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth in consistency. Add additional water if your blender is struggling to blend it.
- Cut up some vegetables into sticks such as carrot, cucumber, capsicum, zucchini and celery to dip in the hummus.