Coconut flax porridge
Flaxseeds are one of the best plant sources of omega 3 fats, are high in gut-nourishing fibre and are a source of phytoestrogens which makes them beneficial for those with excess oestrogen or those going through menopause.
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- ¼ tsp Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute
- Pinch cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut to top
- Handful berries to top
- Place all ingredients (except desiccated coconut and berries) into a saucepan and place on medium heat. Regularly stir for 10 or so minutes until it starts to thicken, then remove from heat and allow it to thicken for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with berries and coconut and enjoy.