Vegetable and lentil casserole
This vegetable and lentil casserole is vegetarian and vegan friendly, containing a good amount of protein to promote fullness and reduce cravings. Pairs well with some steamed greens or a side salad.
|Serving size:||512 g|
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 400 g can lentils, drained
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups stock (chicken/vegetable) or water
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Toss in onions, garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Add spices, stir.
- Pour in tomatoes, lentils and stock, cooking for a further 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables, cook until tender.
- Just before serving add the chopped fresh herbs.