A simple, fresh and balanced breakfast, lunch or dinner. This humble tomato frittata ticks all the boxes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 free-range or organic eggs
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, dairy)
- 1 ½ tsp oregano, dried or fresh
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 thin tomato slices
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine cauliflower, water and oil in a 25cm pan or skillet. Cover and cook until slightly softened. Arrange mushrooms in pan.
- Blend eggs, milk, oregano and paprika together well. Pour over cauliflower mixture. Cook covered over medium heat until eggs are almost set.
- Arrange tomato slices decoratively on top and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until eggs are completely set.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Can be consumed hot or cold.