Tasty zucchini boats
These zucchini boats are not only a cinch to make and delicious to boot, but they are also great for those following a low-carb diet.
- 6-8 medium zucchinis
- 500g ground beef (preferably grass-fed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 cup napoletana sauce
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (coriander, parsley, basil, etc)
- 1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Slice zucchini in half lengthways and spoon out inside. Chop inside of zucchinis and set aside. Place zucchini boats on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add meat, cooking for 3-5 minutes or until it begins to brown. Add napoletana sauce, zucchini flesh, herbs and salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats, topping each with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.