Stuffed zucchini rolls
If you’ve got a hunger for grilled appetisers, this could be what you’ve been waiting for. Stuffed zucchini rolls that make a decorative appetiser or a cute treat in your lunchbox. You could change the stuffing to your own tastes.
• 4 zucchinis, thinly sliced vertically
• 250g silken tofu
• 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• Handful fresh basil
• 1 small fresh chilli
• 5 tbsp cashew butter
• 2 fresh garlic cloves
• 1 tsp cracked pepper
• 1 tsp sea salt
• Extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
• In a food processer, place all ingredients except the zucchini. Blend to achieve a cream-cheese-like consistency.
• Place the zucchini strips in a hot pan on medium heat, or on the BBQ with olive oil. Cook until brown and then flip.
• Lay two zucchini strips overlapping. Place 1 tbsp of mixture at one end. Roll from the mixture end to the other end, so the mixture is in the middle of the roll.
• Repeat with the rest of the zucchini and mixture.
Eat as a snack or enjoy with a side salad.
This recipe was first posted at drcabottrio.com.au