Strawberry cream parfait
A delicious, sweet and creamy dessert without the guilt!
- Strawberry layer:
¾ cup strawberries, finely chopped
¼ tsp stevia or Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute
- Biscuit layer:
½ cup almond meal
3 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp butter
- Cream layer:
¾ cup dairy or coconut cream
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160’C and line a baking tray.
- Strawberry layer: Combine the chopped strawberries and the sweetener, and set aside 15-20 minutes, or until soft and juicy.
- Biscuit layer: Combine almond meal, coconut and butter. Press onto baking tray and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Cream Layer: Beat cream, vanilla essence and maple syrup in a large bowl with a hand beater until thickened.
- Layer the biscuit, cream and strawberries in two parfait glasses (or regular glasses). Eat immediately.