Roasted vegetable and baked egg casserole
Super easy, delicious and healthy to boot, this recipe is suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 purple onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 2 tbsp extra
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 8 free-range or organic eggs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, sweet potatoes and onion with 1 tbsp. olive oil, sprinkling with salt. Transfer to a baking dish coated with 2 tbsp. olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning vegetables halfway through.
- Remove baking dish from oven, reducing oven temperature to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Individually break all eggs on top of vegetables and bake for 5 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for an extra 10 minutes until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!