Roast pumpkin with hazelnut and hummus salad
Pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A and is high in antioxidants, while hummus is high in protein and fibre to balance blood sugar levels and promote fullness.
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin with skin left on, cut into slices approx. 2cm
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp. tahini
- Pinch of sea salt
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- Handful of hazelnuts, halved
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place pumpkin slices on tray and brush with olive oil.
- Bake pumpkin in oven for approx. 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Turn pumpkin after 30 minutes.
- To make hummus, blend chickpeas, garlic, tahini, sea salt, lemon juice and olive oil in food processor until well combined and smooth.
- Lightly toast hazelnuts in frying pan.
- Place hummus on plate, then add pumpkin and top with hazelnuts, parsley and hemp seeds.