Rainbow rice paper rolls
These rainbow rice paper rolls are light and refreshing and are a fantastic way to up your raw vegetable intake. Coriander is known for its ability to chelate heavy metals in the gut, shallots are a good source of prebiotic fibre and cabbage supports liver detoxification pathways. They can be prepared in advance and serve as a great lunch option.
|Serving Size:||3 rolls|
|Total calories:||441 kcal|
- 6 rice paper wraps
- 2 carrots (grated or cut into thin sticks)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cucumbers (cut into thin sticks)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- Handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and thinly sliced)
- 18 small prawns
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Pinch chilli
- Prepare all filling ingredients and lay them out so they are easy to access.
- Using one rice paper wrap at a time, follow the directions on the packet to soften it.
- Arrange a small amount of each vegetable and three small prawns in the centre of each wrap.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap up, then fold the left side over and roll firmly to the right.
- Repeat process with the remaining wraps.
- Mix the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and enjoy.