One-pan breakfast quesadillas
Delicious and healthy, this recipe is a great way to up your vegetable intake for the day ahead.
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 2 button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 free-range or organic eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and paprika to pan, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes soften. Add mushrooms, cooking for another 2 minutes or until mushrooms brown.
- Break eggs into bowl and mix with fork, adding salt and pepper for taste. Add eggs to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Scramble and combine all ingredients together and place in a separate bowl.
- Lower heat to medium-low and place a tortilla in the pan. Place ¼ cup of cheese, topped with ½ of the egg potato mixture, ½ of diced tomato, ½ of sliced avocado and ¼ cup of cheese. Cover with other tortilla.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes, until cheese begins to melt. Using two spatulas, flip quesadilla over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cheese on the other side has melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then cut into quarters.