Moroccan lamb skewers
If you’re sick of sausages on the BBQ and looking for a tastier, healthier option, try these Moroccan lamb skewers. Lamb is a great source of protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B3 and zinc and is combined with antioxidant rich vegetables.
|Total calories:||453 kcal|
- 200g lamb, cut into 2cm cubes
- Red onion
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 wooden skewers
- Cut the capsicum, onion and pumpkin into 2cm squares. Ensure to thinly slice the pumpkin.
- Mix the olive oil and spices together in a bowl.
- Add the lamb chunks to the bowl of spices, and massage the mix into the lamb until well covered.
- Thread the lamb onto the skewers, alternating with the capsicum, onion and pumpkin.
- Grill the skewers on medium heat for roughly 5 minutes each side, or until well cooked.
- Serve alone or with a side salad.