Moroccan Lamb and Chickpea Soup
This soup is not only delicious, but also healthy and the perfect winter warmer. Lamb is an excellent source of first-class protein and vital nutrients such as iron, zinc, selenium and vitamin B12. Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and fibre and may also aid weight loss, regulate appetite and stabilise blood sugar levels.
- 300g lamb shoulder (boneless), trimmed and cubed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander, fresh or dried
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 200g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Add all ingredients except yoghurt to slow cooker on low for approx. 6-8 hours. If possible, turn lamb halfway.
- Serve hot and top with Greek yoghurt, if desired.