Lentil Patties With Vegetables
These crunchy vegetarian patties taste so delicious that it is hard to believe how good they are for you. With lentils, fresh vegetables and almond butter this is sure to be a fulfilling and healthy option for you.
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder, according to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- Extra hemp seeds for coating patties
- Rinse lentils under running water, then place in pan with new water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Blend lentils and curry powder until smooth. Add almond butter and seeds and mix well. Refrigerate mixture for approximately 30 mins to firm up.
- Shape into about 6-8 patties. Use extra hemp seeds to coat.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden in colour.
- Serve patties with stir fried vegetables or a fresh green salad.
This recipe was originally posted on drcabottrio.com.au