Keto-friendly chia and flax crackers
These keto-friendly chia and flax crackers can be eaten by themselves, to accompany your favourite dip or even as a base for healthy low-carb nachos. Chia and flaxseeds are rich in fibre and support healthy gut function and may help to absorb toxins from the gut.
|Serving size:||42 g (4 crackers)|
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup ground chia seed
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch chilli
- Pinch turmeric
- Salt to top
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add flaxseed, chia seed, almond flour, herbs, paprika and chilli to a bowl and toss together.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the egg to the bowl and stir. Then add in the water, vigorously stirring. Allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes and mix again with your hands and allow to sit for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a flat baking tray.
- Transfer dough to baking tray and use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the dough out thinly and evenly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and bake in the oven for about half an hour.
- Remove from oven and use a knife to cut into 40 crackers then return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until browned and crispy. Allow to cool.