Homemade herb aioli
This homemade herb aioli is the perfect addition to home-made chips, roast vegetables, seared chicken or salad. Conventional store-bought mayonnaise uses cheap vegetable oils that cause inflammation in the body and contribute to plaque build-up in the arteries. Avocado has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, and is rich in the healthy fat oleic acid.
|Makes:||Approx. 1.5 cups|
|Total calories:||125 kcal|
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Add avocado oil, egg and lemon juice to a large glass, jar or jug (wide enough for a stick blender).
- Sit the stick blender at the bottom of your chosen vessel and blend on high, slowly lifting it up as the mixture emulsifies (turns white).
- Once complete, add in the remaining ingredients and blend for about 10 seconds to mix through.