Healthy key lime tart
These little key lime tarts are rich, creamy and tangy without any dairy or gluten. They are perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth with a hint of citrus and other healthy ingredients. High in potassium, antioxidants and good fats to support muscle growth, boost immunity, support nutrient absorption and healthy cognitive function.
|Serves:||Makes 12 tarts|
|Total calories:||162 kcal|
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes)
- 2 firm and ripe avocados
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked for a minimum of 6 hours in water, then drained)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3-4 tbsp Nature Sweet
- Fresh lime, to serve (optional)
- Soak cashews ahead of time, draining and setting aside.
- Blend coconut and walnuts in food processor until coarsely ground. Add dates and process until mixture begins to clump together.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 24cm baking tin, or alternatively place mixture in a 12-muffin tin for mini tarts.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add filling on top of crust mixture, smoothing the top.
- Freeze for an hour to allow it to set.
- Serve and enjoy!