Healthy carrot cake
Ingredients for cake
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ¼ cup orange juice + grated rind
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup flax meal
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp Nature Sweet Sugar Substitute
Ingredients for frosting
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a cake tin.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the Nature Sweet and combine with the carrot, orange, almond meal and flax meal, to form a batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to form soft peaks, and fold through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, and bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Whisk coconut cream, avocado, orange juice and vanilla essence together until thick enough for frosting. Spread over the cake once cooled.
This recipe was originally posted on drcabottrio.com.au