Greek style chicken
This Greek style chicken is loaded with first-class protein to curb cravings and promote fullness, with herbs and spices to boost flavour and further nutritional benefits. Goes well with fresh salad or steamed greens.
- 2 large chicken breasts, pounded and halved
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped OR 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped OR 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped OR 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped OR 1 tsp dried
- 4 lemons (2 juiced, 2 halved)
- In a glass or stainless-steel bowl mix ½ cup olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano and juice of 2 lemons.
- Place pounded chicken pieces in mixture and cover. Leave in fridge overnight to marinate.
- Preheat grill for high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Grill chicken for 3 ½ minutes per side or until brown.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Cut remaining 2 lemons in half and serve with chicken.