Gluten free chicken schnitzel
Try our delicious and easy to follow gluten free chicken schnitzel recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 2 large carrots, cut in half vertically
- Preheat oven to 180C and line or grease a baking tray.
- Use a meat tenderiser to flatten the chicken breast, until it is about 1cm in thickness.
- Mix the almonds, coconut flour, herbs and spices together.
- Dip the chicken in the egg to coat. Then transfer the chicken into the flour mix and coat evenly. Repeat this with both chicken breasts, refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place Brussels sprouts and carrots on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking tray and add schnitzels, drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through, stopping to flip them half way through. Remove the vegetables earlier if needed.