Fruit salad with quinoa
Combining nuts, quinoa and a variety of fruit, this fruit salad with quinoa is high in dietary fibre, protein and antioxidants to protect against free radicals, boost energy levels and aid digestion. Quinoa is also super high in magnesium which promotes healthy sleep, reduces headaches and migraines and relieves cramps. It also happens to be super delicious and easy to make.
For fruit salad
- 1 cup black quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup raspberries, chopped
- 1 cup kiwifruit, chopped
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup sultanas or dried apricot (optional)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 cup boysenberries (optional)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Rinse and prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Allow quinoa to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining fruit salad ingredients.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine honey and lime juice. Drizzle over fruit salad, tossing to coat. Top with fresh basil.