Easy turkey meatballs
Not only is this recipe paleo-friendly, it’s also low-carb, high-protein and super easy to make. Turkey is a source of iron and zinc, to ensure adequate oxygen delivery and red blood cell production as well as boosting immune function and aiding wound healing.
|Serves:||2 (Makes approx. 12 meatballs)|
|Total calories:||165 kcal|
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 500g ground turkey mince
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or 3 tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 free-range or organic egg
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Use your hands to squeeze out excess juice from zucchini into sink. Place grated zucchini and remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, mixing until well combined (Using hands is most effective).
- Place baking paper on oven tray. Roll mixture into medium-sized balls, place on tray and space evenly. Put tray on middle shelf in oven, baking for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.