Crunchy roasted chickpeas
Easy, moreish and healthy, these perfectly seasoned chickpeas are perfect as a snack or salad topper. They are also vegan friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free! These crunchy roasted chickpeas are high in protein and fibre to aid weight control, stabilise blood sugar levels and keep appetite under control.
|Total calories:||158 kcal|
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas,
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp coriander, fresh or ground
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ to 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Coriander to serve (optional)
- Lime to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Rinse and thoroughly dry chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Put aside.
- Bake chickpeas in oven for 15 minutes (do not yet add any additional ingredients).
- Remove chickpeas from oven and place in bowl. Drizzle with ½ tbsp. of olive oil, stirring until chickpeas are evenly covered. If needed, add extra olive oil until all chickpeas are lightly coated.
- Add spices to chickpeas and stir until evenly coated. Place back on tray and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for a further 10 minutes, then stir.
- Return stirred chickpeas to oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until they reach desired crispness (a total of 35-40 minutes of baking).
- Turn oven off and leave door slightly open. Having chickpeas cool in the oven will help to achieve maximum crispness.