This chicken curry is not only delicious but is high in protein and makes the perfect winter warmer. If desired, can also be paired with basmati rice or steamed greens.
|Serving size:||437 g|
- 100 g chicken breast, cubed
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 3-4 stems of coriander
- 100 g pumpkin, cut into medium wedges
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 tsp red/green curry paste
- 67 ml coconut milk
- 67 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp cold pressed olive oil
- 1/3 lemon
- Heat the 1 teaspoon oil in a wok/pan. Stir fry chicken until golden brown and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and sautè onions until brown.
- Add washed and chopped coriander, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, stir into the mixture.
- Add chicken, coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered until the pumpkin is tender. Simmer to reduce the liquid.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, extra coriander leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds.