Cauliflower margherita pizza
Do you love pizza but not all the carbs and gluten that comes with it? This cauliflower margherita pizza is a twist on a classic pizza, using a healthy base of cauliflower instead of wheat flour. Cauliflower is high in sulphur and supports liver function, flax seeds are a source of phytoestrogens which are hormone balancing and eggs are a great source of protein.
|Total calories:||312 kcal|
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 ground garlic clove
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Small handful fresh basil
- ½ cup baby bocconcini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 210C and line a baking tray.
- Cut cauliflower head into pieces, and place in a blender. Pulse until cauliflower resembles a rice-like consistency.
- Steam cauliflower in a steamer basket for about 6 minutes or until soften. Squeeze out excess water.
- Mix cauliflower with egg, flax seeds, garlic and salt until well combined. Spread base evenly over the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Spread tomato paste over the base. Place cherry tomatoes and bocconcini evenly on the base. Place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with olive oil and add fresh basil.