It’s time for another soup and this time it’s a cauliflower chowder that is so quick, easy, light, healthy and also so tasty.
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cups gluten free chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Fresh dill, to taste (optional)
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some coconut oil in a large saucepan placed over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and coconut milk, and stir together.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with fresh dill to taste.
This recipe was first posted at www.drcabottrio.com.au