Carrot cake energy balls
Carrot cake energy balls are not only the perfect on-the-go snack, they make a healthy treat as they are loaded with beta carotene, minerals and antioxidants. Excellent for having on hand when those afternoon cravings hit.
|Serves:||Makes 14-16 balls|
|Total calories:||50 kcal|
- 1 cup carrot, finely grated
- ¾ cup pecans
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Blend grated carrot and pecans in a food processor or blender, and pour into a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg until frothy then add to bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, raw honey, coconut flour, and ground flaxseed.
- Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using your hands, take a small amount of the mixture (about 1 ½ – 2 tbsp) and condense the mix. Then gently roll into a small ball.
- Bake the balls for 12-15 minutes.