Broccoli and feta fritters
Not only are these fritters super simple to make, they are also nutritious. The addition of feta adds a salty, creamy taste and quickly frying them adds a crispy finish. Broccoli is a rich source of vitamin K which is essential for blood clotting and vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body against free radical damage and also aids wound healing.
|Total calories:||71 kcal|
- 3 cups of fresh broccoli, chopped roughly (florets work best)
- 1 large organic or free-range egg
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Danish feta, crumbled
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dill, to serve (optional)
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve (optional)
- Separate florets from stems, cutting them into small chunks.
- Add ½ cup of water to large pan and bring to boil. Add broccoli, cover pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Drain broccoli and set aside to cool.
- Add broccoli to food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl lightly beat egg. Add flour, feta, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, whisking to combine. Add pureed broccoli, stirring to combine.
- Put pan over medium-high heat and add oil. Get about 2 tbsp worth of batter and place in pan, flattening slightly with spatula.
- Repeat with additional batter, leaving adequate space between each. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until equally golden.
- Transfer to paper towels to allow them to drain, then serve.