Avocado chilled summer soup
Avocados can take a homemade soup recipe from good to great by adding the delicious, unique flavour and the benefits of its nutrients. This soup serves as a nice entree on a warm summer day.
|Serving size:||450 g|
- 1 medium continental cucumber
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 to 2 cups of cold water (depends on desired soup consistency)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by dicing 1/3 of the cucumber for garnish and put aside.
- Chopping the remaining 2/3 of the cucumber into large chunks
- Roughly chop the spring onions and mint.
- Spoon out all of the flesh of the avocado
- Add the following ingredients plus the above ingredients into the blender: spinach, lemon juice, mint, yoghurt, ice, add 1 cup of water only.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Adding remaining water a little at a time until soup is desired consistency. Add salt, and season with pepper. Scrape down sides of blender with a rubber spatula, and puree 5 seconds more.
- Garnish with diced cucumber. Serve cold or room temperature.