Apple cinnamon protein pancakes
These apple cinnamon protein pancakes are a delicious and guilt-free treat.
Makes 6 pancakes
- 3 medium pink lady apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggwhites
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 scoops Synd X protein powder
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- Coconut oil for frying
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the apple, honey or maple syrup, 2 tbsp water and cinnamon and stir constantly for a few minutes until apple is soft. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl with coconut milk.
- Combine ½ of the apple mix with the egg white mix, banana, almond meal, protein powder, chia, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix until a batter is formed.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes on either side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with left over apple mixture.