These veggie patties go great as a healthier replacement in a homemade burger or by themselves served with a garden salad.
|Serving size:||362 g|
- ½ cup kidney beans (canned or cooked) or tofu mashed
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ carrot grated
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil (for cooking)
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Shape mixture into patties.
- Heat coconut or olive oil in pan and brown patties on both sides for a few minutes.
- Alternatively, spoon mixture into muffin tins, oiled with coconut oil, and bake at 180ºC for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.