Look after your liver during the silly season
Our livers are going to be working harder over the festive season as we enjoy parties and good company. Hopefully there will be Christmas cake and pudding, chocolates, roast meats, candies, cookies, alcohol and more delicious treats.
But for some people these thoughts can be scary, as they may feel vulnerable or out of control. The truth is that most human beings struggle with keeping balance in their lives and after all, we need to make mistakes to learn how to get good at something – and this includes life!
So, what can you do to look after your liver during the festive season?
- Drink more water to improve circulation to the liver. Alcohol is very dehydrating, and when you are dehydrated you are more likely to feel hungry and over eat. You don’t have to drink cold water. You can drink hot herbal tea or green tea. Just don’t put sugar or artificial sweeteners inside. If you want to add sweetener to your black tea or coffee, use Nature Sweet; a delicious and natural sugar alternative that is low-calorie and extremely low-carb.
- Take vitamin C to reduce free radicals from rich food. Digesting a large meal generates a lot of free radicals in your body. Collagen Food is a high strength vitamin C supplement with just one teaspoon providing 965mg of vitamin C.
- Take a magnesium supplement to reduce the risk of headaches caused by stress or over indulgence. Alcohol consumption causes you to lose large amounts of magnesium through your urine. Magnesium deficiency makes you feel more stressed.
- Take a powerful liver tonic such as LivaTone Plus to protect liver cells and support healthy liver detoxification.
Do you have symptoms of a fatty liver?
Many people have a fatty liver but don’t know it. These are the most common symptoms:
- Fatigue that is persistent
- Abdominal bloating
- Excess fat in the abdominal area
- Over heating of your body
- Itchy skin or skin rashes
- Coated tongue or bad breath
- Acne rosacea or very red cheeks (flushed look)
- Inability to lose weight
- High cholesterol or triglyceride levels
- Diabetes type 2
- High blood pressure that is hard to control
Many people do not realize these symptoms can reflect a fatty liver and thus we only treat the symptoms – no wonder we only achieve limited success. If you treat the main cause – you guessed it! – your fatty overworked and toxic liver, then you will see results.
Livatone Plus – the powerful liver tonic for today’s world
Livatone Plus is a complex formula which contains many different active ingredients.
Livatone Plus contains pure undiluted silymarin (milk thistle extract). If you take 4 capsules daily of Livatone Plus you will obtain 420mg of silymarin, which is the proven dose studied in European clinical trials.
Some people find that they only need two capsules daily to support their liver function long term and this will supply 210mg of pure silymarin daily. The active ingredient extracted from the herb milk thistle is silymarin also known as silybin. Of course, you are getting all the other ingredients in the Livatone Plus along with this pure silymarin.
Selenium is an important ingredient in Livatone Plus as it enables glutathione to protect the liver.