Dietary Guidelines for the Two Week Detox
Get in early and beat the battle of the bulge! Don’t wait until illness and excess weight become a problem for you. Regular detoxing helps your body to work more efficiently and it will help stop toxins building up.
You must follow these dietary principles in order to achieve a deep cleansing:
Avoid the following:
- Dairy products – this means no cow, goat or sheep milk, or any products containing these.
- Gluten – this is found in wheat, rye, oats, spelt, kamut, triticale and barley, and all foods containing these. Gluten is hidden in many foods, so you wil need to read food labels carefully.
- Red meat, fish, chicken and eggs – you will be obtaining protein from vegetarian sources such as grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- Sugar and foods that contain added sugar.
- Food additives such as artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, MSG, etc.
- Vegetable oil that does not state cold pressed, or extra virgin; margarine; partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated vegetable oil.
You should include the following:
- Two litres of pure water each day – this may include spring water, mineral water, filtered water or distilled water.
- One of two glasses of raw vegetable juice each day.
- You may include regular tea, green tea or herbal teas in your diet. Tea should be free from sugar, artificial sweeteners and dairy milk. You can use stevia to sweeten your tea.
- You may include sea salt in your cooking; it is preferable to regular table salt.
- Beneficial fats, such as those found in olive oil, flaxseed oil, avocados, coconut milk and raw, unsalted nuts and seeds.
- The ‘Detox Soup’ should form one meal each day during the two week detox. You may have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- You must have one raw vegetable salad each day, either for lunch or dinner. You can make up your own simple salad, or use one of our recipes.
Breakfast – 1 bowl of gluten free muesli with rice, soy or almond milk
Lunch – Green salad served with canned tuna or salmon
Dinner – Chickpea and vegetable curry
If you would like to undertake a more thorough detox, see our book “The Ultimate Detox”.
This book contains:
- A 2-week meal plan and recipes to eliminate toxins from your bowel, liver, kidneys, lymphatic system and skin.
- Delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Raw vegetable juice recipes for each of the body’s detoxification systems.
- Superfoods, natural antibiotics and herbs that will speed up the elimination of toxins and strengthen your immune system.
- Dr Cabot’s special Detox Soup Recipe.