Quinoa and buckwheat granola
Not only is this super delicious and easy, it’s also a good nutritional and filling snack. This quinoa and buckwheat granola contains gluten-free buckwheat and quinoa which are both rich sources of protein, calcium and fibre to strengthen bones and teeth, aid digestion and promote satiety. The additional nuts, seeds and spices are excellent sources of quality fats, magnesium and zinc to strengthen immunity, calm the nervous system and alleviate cravings.
|Serving Size:||63g (53g if honey omitted)|
|Total calories:||258 kcal (230kcal if honey omitted)|
|Carbohydrates:||23g (15.36g if honey omitted)|
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup uncooked buckwheat
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup coconut oil. melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey (optional)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Next, rinse both the quinoa and buckwheat with cold water and drain in a mesh strainer for a few minutes. Press down to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Once properly drained, transfer to a large bowl and add pecans, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, vanilla essence and honey (if using). Pour into quinoa mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture out into an even layer on tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it is a slight brown colour.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled, gently break into desired size chunks. Enjoy!